Fishersville United Methodist Church is interested and looking to hire and Technology Lead to work on all technical elements that surround the various ministries at FUMC.
Position: Technology Lead; Permanent part-time role; Min. 5 hours, max 10 hours per week.
Rate: $30/hr ($7800-$15,600 per year)
The Technology Lead oversees everything that relates to Audio, Video, Lighting & Broadcast at Fishersville UMC. The Teach Lead serves to create dynamic and engaging worship experiences across all services and events through production and media technology. The individual will lead and continue to build the Tech Team, developing and maintaining a healthy culture among team members, while training and empowering the team both professionally and spiritually. We pursue God’s presence over a performance, and the Tech ministry serves the purpose of creating the environment where this can happen without distraction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the technical and operational quality of all of the sound needs of worship services and other events in the Sanctuary (mainly Sunday services).
- Ability to provide hands on technical support to troubleshoot sound technical difficulties.
- Responsible for all maintenance, upgrades and installs for the technical equipment used to record, amplify, enhance, mix or reproduce sound for worship and other events of FUMC.
- Supervise the scheduling, setup and staffing of all technical and video requests for worship (live-stream & in-person) and special events (weddings, funerals, conferences, departmental needs for ministries, etc.)
- Maintain the good team work and positive atmosphere with tech team volunteers to accomplish FUMC mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
- Participate in creative planning, production and utilization of digital media and video in all worship services and special events.
- Attend all required meetings (Worship Committee, Staff Meeting, etc.)
Qualifications and Skills
- Audio/visual/lighting/computer experience & knowledge
- Media production experience & knowledge
- General technical ability, dexterity and agility
- Ministry Minded
- Self-starter & self motivated
- Desire to learn new skills
- Team Player
- Ability to blend technical skills with creative thinking
- Be willing to work a flexible schedule that will included evenings, weekends, and holidays when the needs to broadcast special services.
Any interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com.